Quiche Lorraine, a recipe from our neighboring country and a perfect unique dish. It is very versatile and allows for a thousand combinations. Our adapted version with sausage (butifarra) and beans will not leave you dissatisfied.
1 shortcrust pastry dough
2 Ral mushroom sausages (butifarra)
150 g White beans
200 ml cream
1 Package of shredded Emmental cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180º.
- Cover a 20cm pie tin with the pastry dough.
- Prick the dough with a fork.
- Bake the dough in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Chop the onion very small and then sauté with a little bit of oil.
- Remove the onion when it is browned.
- Cut the sausage into pieces
- Cook in the pan just long enough so that the sausage is no longer raw.
- Add the beans.
- In a bowl, add the eggs and whisk.
- Add the cream to the eggs.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Mix until all ingredients are integrated.
- Add the onion, sausage, and beans to the bowl.
- Mix again.
- Add all to the pie tin.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes until the quiche is golden-brown.
- Remove and let it cool.
- Remove the pie tin.
A recipe with a thousand combinations! What is yours?