Cook a traditional beef lasagna for the small ones in the house. The only ingredients needed to enjoy this dish are ground beef, onion, tomato sauce, pasta and little more. With these simple ingredients, you will have a dish that the whole family is sure to love.
1 clove of garlic
500g ground beef
250g tomato sauce
Cheese for grating
Cannelloni pasta sheets (so they come out mini)
For the bèchamel:
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- Chop the onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Slowly sautè the onion and garlic in a pan with a little bit of olive oil until soft. (Reserve a teaspoon of onion for the bÈchamel.
- Add the ground beef and let it cook until it browns.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan and cook.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk but don’t allow it to boil.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter with a bit of olive oil. Then add the reserved onion to the pan.
- Add the flour to the saucepan with the butter and onion until it begins to change color.
- Stir in the hot milk and continue stirring so that the flour doesn’t burn.
- Add the salt, black pepper and nutmeg to the bÈchamel and let it cook for one minute more.
- Meanwhile, boil water in another pot.
- When it begins to boil, add the pasta sheets and let them boil for the amount of time indicated on the package.
- Lay down a paper towel on the countertop.
- Remove the pasta sheets and lay them on top of the paper towel to dry.
- Grease a baking pan with butter so that the lasagna does not stick.
- In the baking pan, first put down a layer of pasta, then cover it with a layer of the tomato sauce mixture.
- Continue layering until you have three even layers, finishing with a pasta sheet on top.
- Cover the mini lasagna with the bÈchamel sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius on the grill setting.
- Put the baking pan into the oven and melt the cheese.
Now you are ready to enjoy this delicious mini lasagna with the little ones. You are sure to love it as much, or maybe even more, than they are!