This is a simple recipe perfect for the little ones. It is a delicious variation on your typical Bolognese. The few things needed to enjoy this recipe are a bit of bacon, tomato, macaroni, and cheese and in very little time you will have a unique macaroni dish that’s even better than your traditional recipe.
White wine (optional)
1 bay leaf
1 garlic clove
300g tomato sauce
Cheese for grating
- Chop the onion and bacon into small pieces
- Sautè the onion in a pan with some olive oil and butter until it is soft.
- Add the bacon and increase the temperature. Cook until the fat is rendered.
- Meanwhile, add water to a pot and bring to a boil with the bay leaf and one clove of garlic. Once the water is boiling, add the macaroni and cook.
- Next, add a bit of white wine to the onion and bacon and increase the temperature. Cook until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the tomato sauce and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Drain the pasta then add it to the saucepan and mix together. Put the mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted.
As you can see, this recipe is easy to prepare and will please even the littlest ones of the family. We promise you will be licking your fingers at the end!